Thursday, March 31, 2011

Co-worker Crush

Have you ever been at work/on the job, and realize that you have feelings for someone that may not even know you exist? Yeah, I know: it's the blatant subject matter of every junior high chick flick and every Lifetime movie for the younger crowd that leaves every 16 year old wallflowers in tears by the closing credits. This, ladies and gentleman, is the crush. And in my case, the "Co-worker Crush" .... I too have been afflicted by this curse.

There are a few things that are different though in my case. For one thing, the guy knows that I existence. Actually we went to high school together, only he graduated about four years before me. To be honest, he graduated a year before my best friend, Marilyn did. And not to reveal too much, because I don't know who exaclty might be reading this, (haha) let's just call him "B" considering that's the letter that his name starts with!

But first, I have to explain my working conditions. Coming from the small town that I do, you have to understand that there aren't many working options around here. And as for the economy, well let's face it: the whole nation's economy is in the shit hole! But anyways, I work  in a little video rental place inside a a grocery store chain. And in that place of popcorn grease, angry customers, and bratty children, I have found something to make me last .... B ..... As someone who has known him long before this whole slam-bang working environment, I have to say that he only looks better than before. Not that he looked awful before .... He's always had that cute factor. But I of all people know that looks aren't everything. Not in Virginia, anyway ..... He is sweet too, a great humble person, with a good laugh (lol) ..... He is in training to become the assistant manager. Talk about wanting to please the boss! (haha) But getting back on a serious note, I have to admit that it would never work out between us. Alas, he is straight. To tweak a book title at the expense of trying not to be too lame, a good "gay" man is hard to find (haha) ..... Oh well, back to the drawing board, you guys .....

Have you ever had a co-worker crush? How about just a crush? If you'd like to share, please comment. And if you have any advice for me about love, I would love to hear that too .....

I'll talk later, going to write some ..... Au revoir, for now ....

No comments:

Post a Comment